1. Define your goals and objectives
1st social media marketing tips is having a solid plan, objectives, and goals are imperative if you would like to jumpstart your social media strategy.
If you don’t know what you would like, how are you alleged to achieve it?
Not to mention, you can’t measure or evolve your strategies over time if you don’t have strong goals to start with.
Your social media goals should align together with your overall marketing efforts.
Writing down your goals is paramount if you would like to succeed in them.
According to a study, you’re 30% more likely to achieve success if you write your goals down. In some studies that number is as high as 40%.
When you set your goals, make them attainable and break them down into smaller action steps.
How to set attainable goals to slay your social media marketing strategy:
- Use numbers (such as reach 5000 Instagram followers)
- Always set a deadline
- Be specific and make your goals “SMART”
- Make your goals in line together with your entire marketing strategy
2. Research and learn about your audience
Connecting and interesting together with your audience is crucial in today’s marketing if you would like to show a profit.
But, to try to do that, you would like to know your audience – inside and out.
You should be ready to pinpoint their needs, wants, and desires -if you’ve got a hope of making a successful social media strategy.
How are you able to better understand your audience?
- Survey your audience to raised grasp their pain points
- Look carefully at their demographics
- Take part in conversations on forums crammed with your audience
- Respond to comments on your blog, and discuss other blogs with an equivalent audience
- Reply to all or any comments or questions on your social media channels
- Collect feedback (using one among the various user feedback tools available)
Once you get a pity who your audience is, you’re better equipped to assist them. they need to affect businesses who care – not just a faceless brand.
Which makes this an important step in creating any social media strategy.
3. Run contests to amp up your social media strategy
Crafting a successful social media contest is one of the foremost alluring tactics you’ll use. It’ll increase your online visibility, your followers, and your engagement.
There is the variety of social contest tools you’ll use to make an impressive giveaway or sweepstakes.
The key to executing a successful contest is offering something of tremendous value.
Something that’ll be irresistible to your audience.
Here’s an example of a contest that had great results:
How to run a contest on social media:
- Figure out your goals (do you would like more Facebook page likes? Instagram followers? How many?)
- Decide what social media channel you’ll host the competition on
- Come up with a deadline for when it’ll end and when the winner will receive their prize
- Create the competition (look at different types and choose the proper one for your audience)
- Promote it with all of your might!
To get mind-blowing results, aim to possess your audience do a number of the work.
Set the competition up so that they get extra entries for sharing the competition or completing similar tasks.
Such as: “Pin on Pinterest”, “Share on Facebook”, or “Like my Facebook page”. you’ll also give them a singular link to share for extra entries.
It’s genius. Your contest will run itself!
4. Craft your social media content carefully
Every piece of content you post on social media should be carefully thought-out. If you’re posting just to post something – you’re going about it all wrong.
Depending on the social network you’re posting on, you’ll get to learn the varied purposes of every network.
Here are some social media marketing tips examples:
- LinkedIn – knowledgeable network that’s perfect for B2B audiences. Also includes LinkedIn Pulse, a content publishing and distribution platform.
- Facebook – Almost everyone features a Facebook account. Particularly good for news/entertainment-related content. While Facebook Pages struggle to perform, Facebook Groups are often an excellent way of connecting with your ideal audience.
- Instagram – Perfect if your content is very visual. Static images and short videos work incredibly well but it’s not nearly as good at driving traffic back to your blog.
- Pinterest – almost like Instagram, Pinterest is very visual. Although it’s limited to static images, they are often highly effective at driving traffic back to your blog.
Once you study the varying networks, you’ll specialize in which of them you think that will mesh well together with your business.
A major component of killing it at your social media strategy is using the proper words. The way you get your message across will vary counting on the social network you’re posting content on.
But, generally , there are ways to enhance your online visibility over all the platforms!
To craft captivating copy on social media:
- Use copywriting techniques.
- Address your audience directly.
- Use snappy, witty, or intriguing hooks to start your social media posts.
- Switch it up with different content types (Try linking to blog posts, videos, ask questions, etc).
- Always write an outline on every link you post. Never just put the headline of the post.
If you perfect your social media content, you’ll see higher engagement rates, more followers, and generate more leads and sales.
5. Don't just write about your products or services.
“Don’t just write on your products or services on your blog. which will immediately alienate anyone who isn’t already on the brink of purchasing. Instead, invest the time in learning about what your audience is curious about, and develop content that aligns these interests with what your brand offers. for instance, if you’re selling coffee makers, you would possibly create a blog series that appears at alternative ways to enhance your morning routine.”
6. Keep the salesy tactics to a minimum
Intrusive, traditional marketing went out the window an extended time ago, permanently reason.
People don’t want to be sold too.
They want to determine real connections and relationships with you.
That’s the key sauce to getting your audience or customers to trust you.
And, if they trust you – they’ll buy from you.
Consumers find it offputting when brands and businesses post too many promotions.
As you’ll see, 57.5% of individuals found it annoying during this study on Sprout Social:
Alternatively, you’ll craft helpful content that folks want to consume. Content that leads buyers to your products or services – without being pushy or salesy.
7. Take advantage of video content in your strategy
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you recognize how potent video content has become. Especially in social media marketing.
So, if you haven’t already, it’s time to leap thereon bandwagon as soon as possible!
There are a lot of alternative ways to use video content in your social media strategy. But live videos (like Facebook Live Videos) appear to be all the craze immediately.
8. Create mind-blowing images
It probably comes as no surprise that crafting mind-blowing images for social media should be a top priority.
You don’t get to be a graphic designer to style stunning graphics for your brand. you’ll utilize tools like Visme to craft alluring images to wow your audience.
Your other option is to outsource. Many business owners and bloggers do that – and it’s money well spent.
You’ll get to create graphics for:
- Cover photos for every social media platform you’ve got
- Images for your opt-in freebies (you’ll want to post these on Facebook sometimes)
- Facebook and Twitter posts
- Instagram images (You can use copyright-free stock photos or create a graphic using Canva or PicMonkey.)
- Pinterest graphics
The dimensions for these will change over time. So do your research when creating these to seek out the proper sizes for social media images.
Every business’s images and graphics will differ, but you’ll want to form them cohesively together with your brand and always eye-catching.
9. Connect with your audience
If you’re not building relationships together with your audience and/or customers – it’ll have disastrous effects on your business.
Expanding your reach is undoubtedly at the forefront of your mind. and therefore the best thanks to doing that is by connecting genuinely together with your audience.
This will cause targeted people to land smack dab on your website and buy your services or products. Social media is one of the simplest tools to usher in new customers or clients.
In fact, 73.3% of individuals purchase items or services due to social media:
Social media may be a powerful tool for any marketing strategy. which mainly comes right down to the very fact that companies can interact and have interaction with their customers in a way that’s impossible otherwise.
Smart ways to attach with your audience:
- Interact in Twitter Chats
- Retweet on Twitter
- Survey your audience
- Engage in Facebook groups with an identical audience
- Always reply to comments on your Facebook business page
- If you’ll master this, you’ll start to ascertain the leads pouring in.
10. Focus on the long-term.
“Focus on delight, not short-sighted acquisition. I’m a marketer, and I understand the pressure to deliver results in sales monthly. But employing short-sighted tactics that generate some attention and should end in a momentary spike ultimately won’t set you, or your customers, up for fulfillment within the long term. As marketers, we should always specialize in generating demand through helpful and customer-centric campaigns.”
11. Utilize Pinterest to take your strategy to the next level
Pinterest is a particularly popular social network that happens to be one of the most important search engines.
A bit confusing, right? Is it a social media platform, or an inquiry engine?
It’s a visible program, that’s frequently confused with a social media network.
Regardless, Pinterest has the power to maximize your website traffic, your income, and your credibility and authority in your niche.
So if you’re not utilizing it to its full potential – you’re missing out, big-time.
To get started with Pinterest in your social media strategy:
- Set up a business account
- Enable rich pins
- Create an awe-inspiring and keyword-rich profile
- Create relevant boards (use keywords because of the board’s name and within the board description)
- Start using an automation tool, like Tailwind.
- Craft pin-worthy graphics
- Begin engaging on the platform directly (as well as automation tools -for best results)
This will help grow your Pinterest following, and therefore the rest will soon fall under place.
The traffic will begin to pour in.
You’ll become a go-to authority.
And your income will ignite.
You’ll be glad you made Pinterest a priority in your social media strategy!
12. Use the right tools
The tools you select will determine the strength of your entire social media marketing strategy.
Think of it like building a home.
If you began by putting up drywall or installing a deck, it might fall to the bottom.
You need to get down a gentle foundation first.
The same goes for your social media strategy. Finding the proper tools will ensure your strategy runs effortlessly.
You’ll get to decide which social media management software you’ll be using to schedule your social content. Weigh up your options – every business has different needs and requirements.
Here’s an example of an automation tool, called Buffer, within the free version:
- As life-changing as automation tools like Buffer are, there are other tools out there that will assist you to manage almost every step of the social media marketing process.
- To avoid feeling like you’re drowning with overwhelm, check out social media management tools to manage everything for you.
- And if you’re serious about your social media marketing strategy, you’ll want to watch your presence. Social media monitoring tools and analytics tools can assist you with this.
- Whether you employ 1 or 5 tools comes right down to personal preference, budget, and the way serious you’re about creating a cutting-edge social media marketing strategy.
13. Start a Facebook group
If you’ve considered creating a Facebook group – now’s the time.
With the drastic changes occurring within social media – Facebook was hit the toughest. Facebook’s algorithm changed, making Facebook pages tougher to grow or take advantage of.
Facebook is saying you’ll be seeing more from your friends, family, and groups in your newsfeeds. and less “public content”, like from businesses or brands.
Benefits of running a Facebook group:
- An increase in your website traffic
- Promote your products and services in a non-sales way
- Engage and connect with your audience in an authentic way
- Build your email list
- Grow your business and earn extra money
Launching and growing a Facebook group may be a top-notch strategy to feature in any social media marketing plan.
14. Promotion is key to your entire strategy
You could create the foremost mind-blowing, quality content online – but if nobody gets eyes thereon, you’re not getting to see results.
That’s where promotion comes in.
We’ve talked about automation tools; it’s vital that you simply use them for the social media platforms you’ve chosen for your social media strategy.
You’ll also want to possess a separate tool for Pinterest, like Tailwind.
That’ll maximize the number of individuals who see your content and it’ll help to skyrocket your website traffic and your income.
Creating outstanding and diverse content for social media is crucial, but don’t overlook the promotion process.
This is a huge mistake that a lot of bloggers and business owners make.
So what promotional work are you able to do to level up your strategy?
- Cross-promote between your other social profiles
- Collaborate with influencers in your industry
- Run a social media contest that encourages participants to follow you
- Leverage other platforms you’ve got access to (for example, after someone subscribes to your email list, invite them to follow you on social media.)
- Take an SEO-driven approach to the content you publish on social networks (for example; use relevant hashtags on Instagram and use popular keywords in titles/descriptions on YouTube.)
15. Consider the latest trends and changes
Staying before the curve is important in social media marketing.
It’s forever changing, and algorithms are being altered left, right, and center. Making it your job to remain on top of the newest trends and changes in social media.
This includes reading abreast of current statistics for the social platforms you employ, and social media statistics generally.
For example, here are some trends happening right now:
- Live video content is merely climbing and is constant to grow
- Instagram stories are a go-to tactic for businesses
- Messaging apps are on the increase for how for consumers to talk to businesses
- Influencer marketing is all the craze
- Virtual reality in marketing is becoming more popular.
To make the foremost out of your social media strategy it’s imperative to remain on top of those trends and any algorithm changes. Because we both know what was trending a year ago is probably going not now!
"Bonus Social Media Marketing Tips"
Social media marketing is often diligence. But the advantages are difficult to ignore.
If you don’t take it seriously, you’ll undoubtedly miss out on leads, customers, online visibility, and sales.
Use these social media marketing tips to fine-tune your strategy until you’ve created a winning strategy.
Just remember, social networks are made for conversing with others.
If you don’t make your audience a top priority – you won’t see results.